Re: devfs and udev

From: Bryan O'Sullivan
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 17:13:41 EST

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 15:01, MÃns RullgÃrd wrote:

> There will still have to be some static device files to get the system
> booted, right? init usually is rather unhappy if it can't find
> /dev/console.

There are the necessary few in initramfs already.

> Can you point me to any documentation at all?

Really, I don't know why Greg is bothering to answer your questions.

This stuff is all readily accessible via (a) getting off your nethers
and doing a Google search for "linux udev" and (b) reading what you
find. It's trivial to find, and it's utterly obvious how it works.

Sheesh.

<b