RE: IDE DMA errors, massive disk corruption: Why? Fixed Yet? Whynot re-do failed op?

From: Mike Dresser
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 12:27:50 EST

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Mudama, Eric wrote:

> could get around that problem if people were willing to pay for disk drives
> with 32+MB buffers on them. (Actually we'd need a bit more to hold our own

And how much is that going to cost? Considering a 2 meg to 8 meg cache
jump costs about 10 dollars nowadays, and includes an upgrade on the
warranty from 1 year to 3 years(which I'm sure is most of the cost
difference), I wouldn't have a problem spending another 10 or so dollars
for that last jump to 32 meg, if performance were to justify it.