Re: freed_symbols [Re: People, not GPL [was: Re: Driver Model]]

From: Roman Zippel
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 05:48:17 EST

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> You got my point exactly, keep the issue of license to GPL and not muddy
> the waters with a license other than GPL as an example.

Fine, but you didn't answer my questions at all and you're the one
complaining about EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL in first place, so here are the
questions again, in case you deleted the original mail already:

Could you please explain about what "added restrictions" you're talking
about? Let's actually look at the GPL, which states "You may not impose
any further restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted
herein.", a bit earlier we find "Activities other than copying,
distribution and modification are not covered by this License".
So how exactly does EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL restrict you in these activities?

bye, Roman