Re: [ANNOUNCE] new HFS(+) driver

From: Brad Boyer
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 14:48:45 EST

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 12:38:41PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Where can I find this hack? I just had three CDs from cleints that have
> partition maps on them...
>
> I've read them on our Mac (OS9.2), but I'd love to know how to read them
> under linux!

It's in the hfs and hfsplus modules as implemented in the patch mentioned
in the original message in this thread. The hfs code has had it for ages,
but this is the first version of the hfsplus code to support it. The
only issue is that you can only mount the one volume at a time, and it
has to be either HFS or HFS+. If you have a multi-volume CD, you can't
mount all of them. If you have a really stupid CD like the old A/UX
install CD with other filesystem types on it, you're out of luck
without copying it over to a hard drive and mounting with the loop
device and some careful trimming of the file.

Brad Boyer
flar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx