Re: [RFC 0/6] Backing Store for sysfs

From: Pascal Schmidt
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 14:03:17 EST

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:20:16 +0200, you wrote in linux.kernel:

> Does that make more sense? We can't just look at what happens with this
> patch without actually accessing all of the sysfs tree, as that will be
> the "normal" case.

Well, the normal case for me and other people not using any hot-pluggable
devices will be to run a hotplug agent that does absolutely nothing... so
in my case, the proposed patch would help - more memory available for the
normal work I do.

With a static /dev and no hotpluggable stuff around, there is no need
for and hotplug agent being there at all. And I do think such system
are not too uncommon, so considering them would probably be nice.

--
Ciao,
Pascal