Re: Shared memory problem

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 10:08:23 EST

Tushar Telichari wrote:
Hi,

I have a process which requires about 1G of shared memory.
There are multiple processes which are going to share this.
I am able to allocate this by setting shmmax..etc.

Your other option would be to create it as a file in the filesystem and then mmap it. If you create a tmpfs filesystem and then mmap a file on it there will be no real file on disk. If you create it on disk and mmap it, then you have the option of persistant storage is that is desirable.

Chris

--
Chris Friesen | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks | work: (613) 765-0557