linux 2.5/2.6 keyboard issues (was: Linux 2.5 (>>2.5.62)/2.6 keyboardoddity)

From: beh
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 19:02:26 EST

I have tried to find out something more regarding the keyboard
oddity I mentioned in an earlier thread. For that cause, I have
compiled a number of kernels between 2.5.62 (the one that used to
work) and 2.6.0-test6 (the one causing the problems) in order to
find out, where those issues started...

Now I can definitely nail these problems down to a specific kernel
version: the problem first appeared in 2.5.65 (2.5.64 works; 2.5.65
displays the same keyboard problem, that also shows up in
2.6.0-test6; also those kernels tested between 2.5.65 and
2.6.0-test6 all show the same problems).

Unfortunately, I don't know much about kernel hacking - a quick
glance into patch-2.5.65 did not seem to change any keyboard
related code (no files in drives/input/keyboard changed in that
release)...

Any clue, which changes in 2.5.65 could have introduced the
keyboard problems?

(Or - is there maybe a new configuration option, that would need to
be set for the keyboard to operate properly in later kernels?)

Benedikt

PATRIOT, n. One to whom the interests of a part seem superior to those
of the whole. The dupe of statesmen and the tool of conquerors.
(Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)