Re: regression between 2.4.18 and 2.4.21/22

From: Justin Hibbits
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 17:24:30 EST

On Sunday, Oct 5, 2003, at 17:58 America/New_York, Mike Fedyk wrote:

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 04:21:06PM -0400, Justin Hibbits wrote:
which now get sustained transfer rates of 46MB/s or greater. I'm using
the same options for all 3 kernels (at least, for the ATA/IDE options).
Any help would be appreciated, and I'll see if maybe I could do
something with it when I get time.

Some drivers have been split, or renamed. Make sure you have the driver for
your chipset compiled in, and you're not using generic ide dma.

I'm using the PROMISE drivers (the only ones listed in the kernel config), and Generic is also compiled in. It wasn't compiled in 2.4.21, so I tried compiling it in, and it still didn't work, tried changing the "Ignore word93 Validation Bits" option, but that still didn't help. Guess I should just take a crack at the source itself.

-Justin