2.6.0-test6 happiness

From: Tupshin Harper
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 14:52:31 EST

I just wanted to give a *very* positive report about stock test6. In so many ways, it's a giant step forward for me.

1) 7 days of uptime (and counting) on a moderately loaded server running lvm2,xfs,nfs, and a whole bunch of services. Previous 2.5/2.6 record (up through test5) was 2 1/2 days before any one of a variety of exceptions would occur. (Athlon XP system)

2) Dramatically improved desktop interactivity, with no audio glitching. (Different Athlon XP system)

3) Fully functional Dell Inspiron laptop (P3). This is the first time I have ever been able to boot this machine without disabling ACPI in the kernel(2.4.x included). I've also had many problems with 802.11b wireless pcmcia on this laptop, but it too works fine with this kernel. (These improvements might be a couple of versions old...didn't try test4 or test5 on this machine).

Kudos, commendations, and thanks.

-Tupshin