Re: freed_symbols [Re: People, not GPL [was: Re: Driver Model]]

From: walt
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 11:46:05 EST

Andre Hedrick wrote:
You are so young and fresh to the game, it is cute.

http://www.gcom.com/home/support/whitepapers/linux-gnu-license.html

Try doing a little more checking of your history Rob.

The position was set in 1995 and to many who objected let it unchallanged.
Now regardless if you knew of this information or not when you entered
into kernel development, tough! I did not know about it and have to suck
it up that binary modules are permitted, period. So if other people can
make money, then I will too, and encourage others to persue also...

Hi Andre,

Since I was bold enough to criticize your writing not long ago, I want
to say now that I had absolutely no trouble understanding this post. It
was a pleasure to read, and I thank you for taking the time and effort
to make it that way. The improvement is dramatic, and it really helps.

Keep up the good work!