PROBLEM: Cannot mount my Nokia 5510

From: Piotr Michniewski
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 11:21:32 EST

One line summary of the problem: Cannot mount my Nokia 5510

Full description of the problem:

I have a Nokia 5510 mobile phone. It has a built-in mp3 player with 64 MB of
memory and connects to the PC via USB. I have compiled support for USB and
SCSI in modules. When I connect the phone to my PC it gets properly detected
by Linux and the device /dev/sda1 appears. I cannot mount it though. When I
type mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/nokia, I get an error:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1,
or too many mounted file systems

The phone worked fine with 2.4 kernels just fine. I think it has something
with the FAT driver (compiled as a module with VFAT support).

Kernel version: Linux version 2.6.0-test6 (root@cobra2) (gcc version 3.3.1
20030904 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.1-r1, propolice)) #1 Mon Sep 29 19:02:28 CEST 2003

Please CC me because I'm not on the list. Also this is my first report, so
don't scream too much ;)

--
Cobra