getting timestamp of last interrupt?

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 17:47:48 EST

>>>>> "Hans-Georg" == Hans-Georg Thien <1682-600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hans-Georg> I am looking for a possibility to read out the last
Hans-Georg> timestamp when an interrupt has occured.

Hans-Georg> e.g.: the user presses a key on the keyboard. Where can I
Hans-Georg> read out the timestamp of this event?

Hans-Georg> To be more precise, I 'm looking for

Hans-Georg> ( )a function call ( ) a callback where I can register to
Hans-Georg> be notified when an event occurs ( ) a global accessible
Hans-Georg> variable ( ) a /proc entry

Hans-Georg> or something like that.

Hans-Georg> Any ideas ?

If you have the microstate accoounting patch applied, then the
timestamp of each last IRQ is in the array msa_irq_entered[cpu][irq],
measured as an architecture-specific number. Convert it to
nanoseconds since boot with MSA_TO_NSEC

Peter C