[ANNOUNCE] Linux Test Project October Release Announcement

From: Robert Williamson
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 13:31:46 EST

The Linux Test Project test suite <http://www.linuxtestproject.org> has
been released. The latest version of the testsuite contains 2000+ tests for
the Linux OS. Our web site also contains other information such as: test
results, a Linux test tools matrix, an area for keeping up with fixes for
known blocking problems in the 2.5/2.6 kernel releases, technical papers
and HowTos on Linux testing, and a code coverage analysis tool.

Highlights:

* Updated the LTP stress script to use all installed RAM,
plus 1/2 swap space by default.

* Improved test case binary compatibility between NPTL
and Linuxthreads systems.

* Updated versions of disktest, the Open HPI test suite, and
the Open POSIX test suite.

* Applied more bug fixes, patches, and code cleanups.

We encourage the community to post results, patches or new tests on our
mailing list <ltp-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx> and use the CVS bug tracking facility
to report problems that you might encounter with the test suite.

See ChangeLog below.

-Robbie

Robert V. Williamson <robbiew@xxxxxxxxxx>
Linux Test Project
IBM Linux Technology Center
Web: http://ltp.sourceforge.net
IRC: #ltp on freenode.irc.net
====================
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

CHANGELOG
---------
- Enabled better binary compatibility between ( Robbie Williamson )
executions on NPTL and Linuxthreads.
- Created README for device drivers test ( Marty Ridgeway )
executions.
- Resolved bugs #807255 & #807400 for fs_maim. ( Hien Nguyen )
- Updated disktest to version 1.1.12 ( Brent Yardley )
- Corrected the headers for capset and capget. ( Robbie Williamson )
- Applied IA-64 fix to clone06 and munlock02. ( Jacky Malcles )
- Fixed compile warning for gettimeofday01. ( Andreas Jaeger )
- Applied testcase stability patch to pipe() ( Erik Andersen )
testcases.
- Fixed rlogin01 and telnet01 so that they ( Paul Larson )
correctly detect when they pass.
- Applied updates to the OpenHPI test suite. ( Kevin Gao )
- Updated the Open POSIX test suite to 1.3.0. ( Robbie Williamson )
- Changed ltpstress to use all installed RAM ( Robbie Williamson )
plus 1/2 swap space by default.