Problems with PCMCIA and CardBus in 2.6.0-test6

From: Joseph Pingenot
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 12:34:31 EST

Hello.

I'm having problems with 2.6.0-test6-mm1 (actually, since 2.6.0-testx, iirc)
Essentially, pcmcia does not work at all. IIRC, ds loads, but nothing
else, and starting pcmcia manager does not work at all. Furthermore, if
I try to manually insert the yenta socket, my aironet card locks up
(the Activity light lights up solid) and not even Magic SysRq keys work.
The yenta socket is what I've been using for quite a while in the 2.4
series.
Some important details:
chip is 00:04.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1225 (rev 01)
Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems: Unknown device 0001
yenta_socket is built as a module.
Anyone know of more testing I could do to figure out the problem? I'm
rebuilding 2.6 with yenta_socket builtin, instead of as a module.

-Joseph
--
Joseph===============================================trelane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Asked by CollabNet CTO Brian Behlendorf whether Microsoft will enforce its