Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xen high-performance x86 virtualization

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 05:14:12 EST

On 2003-10-02T10:17:18,
Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Work on Xen is supported by UK EPSRC grant GR/S01894, Intel
> Research Cambridge, and Microsoft Research Cambridge via an
> Embedded XP IFP award.
>
> Home page : http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/netos/xen
> SOSP paper : http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/netos/papers/2003-xensosp.pdf

Hi Ian, this does sound very interesting.

Could you please elaborate on the licensing? I did not see a prominent
notice; of course the Linux kernel code will be GPL, but how about the
Xen host?

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--
High Availability & Clustering ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SuSE Labs try again. fail again. fail better.