Re: [ACPI] p2b-ds blacklisted?

From: Andrew de Quincey
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 10:08:17 EST

On Wednesday 01 Oct 2003 3:53 pm, Sven Köhler wrote:
> > I'm sure I saw a comment somewhere saying the P2B-S was blacklisted
> > because of "bogus IRQ routing". It was in the blacklisting code, but I
> > can't remember where, or if it was 2.4 or 2.6.
>
> Well, the P2B-S is in blacklist.c in 2.4.22.
>
> What does the entry in blacklist.c mean? Does this entry mean acpi=ht is
> forced like the entry for the P2B-DS in dmi_scan.c?

Not sure.. I think it is likely to disable ACPI completely.

> Is this a hardwired problem on the Motherboard? Or might this be fixed
> with the latest BIOS?

It would be a problem with the DSDT code in the BIOS. It might be fixed in a
later one.

There have been lots of ACPI IRQ routing bugfixes (not all in the mainline
kernel yet); maybe the P2B-S routing is solved by one of these, maybe not...

> I'd like to try ACPI on my P2B-DS anyway. I think there was an append
> line to disable ACPI IRQ Routing - was it acpi=pci?

pci=noacpi should do it I think.