swsusp 2.6.0-test3 resuming issues

From: Cathal A. Ferris
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 05:43:01 EST

I am having trouble with the suspend/resume area in -test3.
I suspend with 'echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep' after unloading as many of the
modules as possible (though usbcore won't unload) and it appears to
suspend correctly.
On resume I get 'Incorrect kernel version', and failure to resume from the
saved image.

Machine is a dell inspiron 4100 laptop running gentoo linux.
128mb ram
swaps:
minipio root # swapon -s
Filename Type Size Used Priority
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2 partition 530136 76400 -1
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1 partition 441748 0 -2

What information do you want to assist with the resolution of this
problem?

(under -test6 I get no effect from either /proc/acpi/sleep or
/sys/power/state - i.e. I do the echo and absolutely nothing happens, and
nothing in the kernel logs)

Thanks,

Cathal.
--
Cathal Ferris. +353 87 6438725
pio@xxxxxxxxx http://www.swibble.comserio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP: routing cache hash table of 512 buckets, 4Kbytes
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
ACPI: (supports S0 S1 S3 S4 S4bios S5)
Resume Machine: resuming from /dev/hda1
Resuming from device hda1
Resume Machine: Signature found, resuming
Resume Machine: Incorrect kernel version
Resume Machine: Error -1 resuming
EXT3-fs: INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem.
EXT3-fs: write access will be enabled during recovery.
kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
EXT3-fs: recovery complete.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 144k freed
Adding 530136k swap on /dev/hda2. Priority:-1 extents:1
Unable to find swap-space signature