2.4.20 NFS / EJUKEBOX problem

From: Paul N
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 16:31:48 EST

Hi,
I'm seeing a weird problem with NFSv3's EJUKEBOX when
mounting a irix machine running DMF (software for managing offline/tape
copies of files). When an NFS read request is made for an 'offline' file
it causes other write requests to stall until the 'offline' file is unmigrated to
disk and the read can resume. From looking at tcpdump it seems that the write requests proceed until
an EJUKEBOX msg from the read is returned from the server. At that point
all write requests are stuck behind the jukeboxed read.

Could someone please give me some information on this?

Thanks
Paul