Re: libata update posted

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 14:39:10 EST

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 01:26:21PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> > This shows why defkeymap.c is not generated in the kernel build
> > but distributed.
>
> There is a difference between distributing generated files, and checking
> generated files into a repository... I do not advocate changing the
> tarball, just the BK repo behind it.

So you would like to remove defkeymap.c from the bitkeeper repository.
Can you briefly explain why?
I am not a bk user so have no feeling for what one would like bk to do.

But it seems to me that if defkeymap.c is only a generated file when
no kbd headers have changed, while in the opposite case one needs a
private version of loadkeys until the next version of kbd has been
distributed, it is easier to regard it as part of the kernel source.

Andries