Re: libata update posted

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 04:13:19 EST

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 05:28:49PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 10:56:52PM +0200, J.A. Magallon wrote:

> > The patch for 2.4 kills drivers/char/defkeymap.c.
> > Is this in on purpose ? I think this is autogenerated but not killed
> > in mrproper.
>
> Yep, that's an autogenerated file. I nudge Marcelo to "bk rm" it every now
> and then :) Just remove it from the patch and you'll be ok.
>
> I have to "rm -f drivers/char/defkeymap.c" on occasion, in order to do
> some bk stuff, too.

Long ago it happened every once in a while that I added a key type.
In such a case one got new kernel keyboard headers, had to recompile
loadkeys with the new headers, use that new loadkeys to regenerate
defkeymap.c, and then recompile the kernel.

This shows why defkeymap.c is not generated in the kernel build
but distributed.

Andries