Re: People, not GPL [was: Re: Driver Model]

From: Andre Hedrick
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 22:57:07 EST

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Erik Andersen wrote:

> On Sat Sep 13, 2003 at 07:40:52PM -0700, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> >
> > Please Erik,
> >
> > Go have your "DADDY" write another legal letter for you and send it my
> > way. I will be happy to shove it down your pie hole.
>
> Your intellect is truly dizzying. I am left stunned by your
> carefully reasoned arguments.
>
> > There is a difference in blanket theift of the kernel API and any court
> > will point out that "fair usage" is proper.
>
> "fair usage" != "derivitive works" as any court will point out.
>
> -Erik

Wow ... Does "Original Work" have meaning?

Does an "Original Work" using only the standard kernel API headers to
interface mean it is a derived work? You better go find a new lawyer.

"fair usage" of .h files as the API is standard.

Using any .c or kernel C code is a NO NO.

Later.

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group