Re: console lost to Ctrl+Alt+F$n in 2.6.0-test5

From: Michael Frank
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 09:55:29 EST

Don't think this is a keyboard problem and have seen
this several times related to video drivers in particular
when switching back to X.

The script below switches every $wait (5) seconds between
VT $vt (1) and X @vt$x (7). It logs to $log (log=/tmp/_vt)
syncs and waits before doing the switch to allow data to
reach the disk. So if it dies, you should know quite
accurately when and where and if it also happens wo KB.

Put this into a file and make it executable. It must
be run as root unless chvt is in sudoers or suid root.

#!/bin/bash

cycle=1
log=/tmp/_vt.log
vt=1
x=7
wait=5
#rm -f $log
echo Starting VT <> X test
while ((1)); do
echo Cycle $cycle switching to VT $vt >> $log
sync
sleep $wait
chvt $vt
echo Cycle $cycle switching to X >> $log
sync
sleep $wait
chvt $x
echo Cycle $cycle