Re: Another keyboard woes with 2.6.0...

From: Petr Vandrovec
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 13:41:24 EST

On 12 Sep 03 at 13:45, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Petr Vandrovec wrote:
>
> > I have MicroStar MS-9211 box with connected to the KVM switch
> > MasterView CS-1016, which is connected to the some Chicony
> > keyboard. 2.4.x kernel works without problem, but when 2.6.0
> > starts, immediately after input device driver is initialized it starts
> > thinking that F7 key is held down, and it stays that way until
> > I hit some other key to stop autorepeat... What debugging I
> > can do for you to get rid of screen full of '^[[18~' ? /bin/login
> > continuously complains about username being too long :-(
>
> Hi Petr,
> I have the same problem with an Avocent SwitchView and Keytronic
> keyboard, although it doesn't sound as bad as your problem. Occasionally
> some keys just repeat until i press another key. I'm not quite sure what
> kind of information Vojtech would like. The machine is 440BX based and
> kernel is 2.6.0-test3-mm1

Andries is already gathering info for this one. This problem (missed
key release) happens to me on all systems I have (Athlon + via, P3 + i440BX,
P4 + 845...), most often when I do alt+right-arrow for walking through
consoles (and for Andries: hitting key stops this, otherwise it
endlessly switches all VTs around, and while kernel thinks that key
is down, keyboard actually does not generate any IRQs, so keyboard knows
that all keys are released).
Petr