file_lock_cache won't shink down

From: Alberto Bertogli
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 11:51:21 EST

Hi there!

I've put 2.6.0-test5 yesterday on a mail server and today I noticed that
there was a huge amount of memory 'missing' from vmstat.

So I took a look at slabinfo and found out that file_lock_cache has a huge
amount of objects that won't shink down even under memory pressure.

The line, as it is now, looks like:
file_lock_cache 5828600 5828600 96 40 1 : tunables 120 60 \
8 : slabdata 145715 145715 0

The whole slabinfo is attached.

This is a dual Pentium III with 1Gb RAM and three SCSI disks in two
Adaptec aic7896/97.

I don't know if I can hold the server up for much longer so please if you
want me to get any other information let me know.

Thanks a lot,
Alberto