Re: Hardware supported by the kernel

From: DervishD
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 04:43:58 EST

Hi JW :)

* jw schultz <jw@xxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> > > While learning Welsh is not bad per se, writing public diary
> > > in Welsh defeats diary purpose. Bad, bad Alan ;) ;) ;)
> > Oh, well, it is his diary ;)) I think that he already does enough
> > for us maintaining the kernel. The diary was a good addenda, but if
> > he wants to practice his welsh with it, he has the right to do so.
> > But anyway, bad Alan, bad, bad ;)))))
> No worse than Raúl writing his in Spanish would be.

In fact that's why I write my free software in english. I really
love my mother language, and I try to write and speak a good spanish
(how did you know I'm spanish-speaking?), but english is more
extended, as far as software is concerned of course. Since in Spain
we have many languages (Catalán, Gallego, Euskera, Valenciano,
Mallorquín, etc...) I have most respect with languages everywhere.
The languages lead to a bit of miscommunication, but lead too to
cultural richness, so I think they're good.

> I expect Alan
> writing his diary in Welsh is good practice so, Good Alan,
> good, good :)

You're right ;))) But I think Alan is a bad boy because I no
longer can read his diary, and I liked it a lot ;)) I'm planning
learning Gaelic (at some point in the future), and it's not very
different from welsh ;) Seriously, Alan has all the right to write,
speak and whatever more in Welsh, and if I don't understand what he's
saying and I'm interested, rather than forcing him to speak in
spanish I should learn a bit of welsh. But at the end all is a
question of understanding, and the most languages one knows, the most
people will be able to communicate with. And I'm saying all this with
my poor english ;))

BTW, I think Alan is really a good fellow, I like him ;))

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736