Re: Large-file corruption. ReiserFS? VFS?

From: Matthias Schniedermeyer
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 04:37:49 EST

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 04:28:58PM -0400, Kyle Rose wrote:

> I don't have a large enough ext2/3 filesystem to compare with, so
> there's no easy way for me to tell whether this is a Reiser-only
> problem or not. Can anyone confirm that they see the same problem, or
> whether they see a similar problem on another file system? Please
> feel free to ask me for any other information you think might be
> illuminating.

I can only speak for 2.4-Kernel

I burn DVDs since more than 2 years now. Starting with 2.4.4 and i had
NEVER problems with the size, i never used the split-option of mkisofs
(and i don't even know the correct(tm) name of it. I only know that it
exists).
The maximum is 4489MB, (>4.700.000.000 bytes) and the biggest images i
had are only a few KB smaller that that.

Since about 2 month i use reiserfs on the "source" and on the
"target"-HDD. No changes, except that reiserfs is slower then ext2.

Bis denn