Re: horrible usb keyboard bug with latest tests

From: Andries Brouwer
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 17:41:09 EST

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 05:57:44AM -0700, Mr. Mailing List wrote:

> Ok, for the last few test kernels, there is a horribly
> annoying usb keyboard bug. after a while in X, or
> just when you start putting some input, all the
> keyboard lights on on my msnatpro keyboard. after
> that, the keycodes are screwed up(like the left alt
> button)
>
> sometimes one key would stick, like
> kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
>
> now with test 5, the keyboard seems to stop responding
> completely
>
> the only fix is to unplug/replug keyboard
>
> help?

# All the keyboard lights.
That probably means that your keyboard did a reset.

# the keycodes are screwed up (like the left alt button)
Most keys are still OK but a few, like left alt, have become bad?

# now with test 5, the keyboard seems to stop responding completely
Do you mean it doesnt work at boot time?
Or do you mean that you work for a while, a reset happens,
and after that the keyboard is dead?

# kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I asked elsewhere - let me repeat the question:
does this repeat stop (only) when you hit the next key?

Andries