Re: horrible usb keyboard bug with latest tests

From: Gábor Lénárt
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 08:48:55 EST

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 05:57:44AM -0700, Mr. Mailing List wrote:
> Ok, for the last few test kernels, there is a horribly
> annoying usb keyboard bug. after a while in X, or
> just when you start putting some input, all the
> keyboard lights on on my msnatpro keyboard. after
> that, the keycodes are screwed up(like the left alt
> button)
>
> sometimes one key would stick, like
> kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

For me too, even with a normal keyboard attached to the PS/2 keyboard port.
In my case it's very rare, and not a 'constant stick' but short 'pulse' of
the same character like displaying 'kkkkkkkkk' in my terminal even if I'm
sure that I didn't forget my finger on the key. OK, it's not a showstopper
bug, but sometimes annoying. It's 2.6.0-test3 (vanilla).

I can't test 2.6.0-test4 because the machine is unusable with it: there is
no stable picture on the monitor even if I'm using ONLY VGA text console and
NOTHING else (nVidia Corporation NV6 [Vanta/Vanta LT] rev15). Screen
sometimes blank (monitor goes to sleep), sometimes the picture just jumping
crazy to random position in the video memory in case of scroll (or an effect
like this) etc. I can't test test5 yet because the lack of time, though.

- Gábor (larta'H)