Re: Equivalent of 'insmod -m' on 2.6?

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 20:21:35 EST

In message <20030910180507.53891.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to debug a module on 2.6.0-test3 with
> module-init-tools-0.9.12. But I am not able to get
> the load map of the module being loaded. 'insmod'
> in module-init-tools does not support the '-m' option.

Hi Ravi!

CONFIG_KALLSYMS is probably what you want here, along with
/proc/kallsyms. You can, also generate the equivalent of insmod -m
from the output of /proc/modules and the symbol table in the module.

BTW, I'd generally recommend modprobe over insmod: as you will have
noticed, the new insmod is designed to be a really low-level tool.

Hope this helps,
Rusty.