Re: [OOPS] Linux-2.6.0-test5-bk

From: Ranjeet Shetye
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 19:18:50 EST

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 16:25, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 03:16:50PM -0700, Ranjeet Shetye wrote:
> >
> > file: oops4.ksyms.txt: the OOPS that I got.
> > file: oops4.bt.txt: ksymoops-derived backtrace of OOPS.
> > file: .config - my .config file.
> >
> > To verify that this is not a compilation problem, I ran a 'make
> > mrproper' and compiled from scratch.
> >
> > Something to note: module support is disabled and I remember that
> > sometime back you needed to have ALSA compiled as a module, and this
> > OOPS is in ALSA. Is it still necessary to compile ALSA as a module ?
> >
> > I am not on the kernel mailing list, (only on linux-net and netdev). So
> > please email me personally if you need any other information.
>
> What were you doing that caused this oops?
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Hi Greg,

The OOPS was happening at boot time. Andrew's fix has resolved the
issue.

thanks,
Ranjeet.
--

Ranjeet Shetye
Senior Software Engineer

The views, opinions, and judgements expressed in this message are solely
those of the author. The message contents have not been reviewed or
approved by Zultys.