Re: 2.6.0-test4-mm5 and below: Wine and XMMS problems

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 17:05:12 EST

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 01:08:20AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 08:39:14PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:
> >
> > Hi Adrian,
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> > It would be great if you could test the latest mm kernel (mm6 as of now
> > I think), which has Con's latest stuff in it. You could also test my
> > newest scheduler patch. Thanks for the feedback.
>
> I didn't check -mm6 (I had a different problem with -mm6 and not that
> much time).
>
> I tried plain test4 with your sched-rollup-v14 and I got these awful
> slower sound like when wou manually retard a record.

More data:
I tried test5 and test5-mm1.

Both produced this awful slower sound like when wou manually retard a
record, although my subjective impression was that it happens fewer than
with test4 with your sched-rollup-v14.

2.5.72 is still better than all recent kernels I've tested... :-(

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed