Re: Power Management Update

From: Subodh Shrivastava
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 16:47:14 EST

Patrick Mochel wrote:

Any chance of this patch to be released against mm series? BTW i have tried suspend to disk (2.6.0-test4-mm6) with reiserfs filesystem
it worked fine and no fs corruption.

Good to hear. Thanks for testing.

Tried it with 2.6.0-test5-mm1.

When i tried suspend to disk with my usb modem (Alcatel Speedtouch) attached, system generated oops, couldn't get a dump on disk, will send the handwritten oops later. When i tried from X suspend to disk was successful but resume failed and system rebooted itself, did not get a chance to figure out what went wrong.

Andrew picked up the last bunch of patches for the -mm series, so most of
it already resides in that tree. With some luck, he'll do the same with

the remaining patches. Otherwise, I can post an incremental patch on top of the latest -mm kernel.

Please if you can

Pat

Subodh