Re: wierd raid 1 problem(sort of)

From: Svetoslav Slavtchev
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 14:44:43 EST

Hi,
i'm seeing similar problems with the bad side that the files never recover :(

this is a Epox 8k9a3+ ,
4 IBM deskstar on the HPT374 as masters in raid-1 & raid-5,
with or without lvm1( resently recreated with LVM2)

when i use md( or lvm over md) the data gets corrupted ,
if i use the partitions which are under the md as normal partitions
there is no coruption, if i create md over them again - again corruption

dma seems to be OK since 2.4.21ac1 & 2.4.22pre in case i use acpi=off pci=noacpi
which also allows me to use usb and onboard lan

the same setup had never had problems with erlier kernels
on a Epox 8k5a3+ but it died
(i moved the drives from dead board to the new one, which is basicly the same
only uses KT333 instead of KT400 in the 8k9a3+)

best,

svetljo

PS.
please CC me as i'm not subscribed to the list