(Simple) Basic Design Flaw in make menuconfig GUI

From: Tim Connors
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 10:23:43 EST

"Stevo" <stevo@xxxxxxxxxxx> said on Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:40:17 -0400:
> PROBLEM: (ocassionally) While I am speeding through the kernel
> configuration, I will accidentally hit the "Esc" key one too many times (I'm
> sure we've all done this) and it will leave me at the "exit" screen:
>
> Do you wish to save your new kernel config?
>
> <Yes> <No>
>
> In this case, neither choice is acceptable. In a plea to save time for all,
> can someone please add one more simple choice to the "exit" menu?
>
> Do you wish to save your new kernel config?
>
> <Yes> <No> <Return to Config>

Similarly, I often ctrl-z the configure step, and when fging the
process again, things end up a bit strange - IIRC, it goes to the next
menu level up from the current one, and sometimes ends up with strange
keystrokes? It's been a while since I have tried, so I can't quite
recall the details, sorry.

Probably not quite so easy to fix as the solution to this one,
unfortuneately :(

Black holes are where God divided by zero. -- Steven Wright