BugReport: USB (ACPI), E100, SWSUSP problems (test5 vs. test3)

From: Tom Winkler
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 08:13:05 EST

Hello,

I recently updated my kernel on my laptop (Sony Vaio FX403, i815 chipset, PIII
1GHz CPU) from 2.6.0test3 to 2.6.0test5 (I skipped test4). I used the same
.config for test5 as for test3.

test5 (or already test4) introduced some problems that were not there in
test3:

- USB is totally dead
This notebook has some IRQ routing problems and requires ACPI to get it
right. When using older 2.4 Kernels I always had to apply the ACPI patches to
get USB working. Because of that I suspect that the problems with test5 might
be ACPI related as well.

- The e100 driver seems to be broken
The NIC is detected correctly and ifconfig shows eth0 as usually. But for
some reason not a single Byte seems to go over the NIC.

- SWSUSP
In test5 there is no /proc/acpi/sleep
In test3 suspend to disk (and resume) works in "console only" mode.
Suspending from X11 works too but resuming hangs. The last message that gets
displayed is "Waiting for DMAs to settle down...". At this point the machine
seems to freeze completely.
Remark: I had SWSUSP working on this very same machine with older 2.4 kernels
and seperat SWSUSP patches. It never worked with 2.6 so far.

full dmesg: http://www.wnk.at/tmp/test5/dmesg-2.6.0test5.txt
.config used building the kernel: http://www.wnk.at/tmp/test5/config.txt

Since I'm not subscribed to LKM please CC me on replys.

Thanks,
--
Tom Winkler
e-mail: tom@xxxxxxxx