Re: softraid + serverraid locking FS

From: elmer
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 06:17:12 EST

the same problem with vanilla 2.4.22 (SMP kernel on UP hw)

for example, after startup:

1. cp -dpR lotsfiles4GB /testcopy
2. load goes with minutes to 13
3. /bin/sync blocks
4. Ctrl-Z to cp
5. ps axlef waits 3-10 secs before answer as raid1 sync goes with 14kB/sec

previous problem was without raid sync, currently just it takes time to
test without it
NB! the same copy from the same softraid partition to the same softraid
partition sucks a bit, but load does not grow steadily, remains 3changing raid1sync speed affects a bit the whole thing, but does not end it.

the same copy within serverraid partition is ok.

Currently I havent managed to get softdog into action, but behaviour is
still bad enough to call it a BUG.