Re: Priority Inversion in Scheduling

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 05:44:37 EST

At 11:28 AM 9/10/2003, Nick Piggin wrote:

Sounds interesting. I my scheduler doesn't have any inversion or
starvation issues that I know of without backboost though. I'd like to
know if you find any.

I haven't been able to stimulate inversion, or found any terminal starvation with your mods. The only things I can see is array switch latency making X choppy under load, and the cpu distribution differences shown by contest (and both may have changed considerably since last version tested).

-Mike