Why is the Compaq W8000 ACPI blacklisted?

From: Tugrul Galatali
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 22:44:10 EST

Since test4, I've had

Compaq Workstation W8000 detected: force use of acpi=ht

which leads to

ACPI: Interpreter disabled.

and that to annoying things like spinning down my IDE drive, which it
isn't configured to do and doesn't happen in test3, and not powering off
on shutdown.

I see the entry doing this (./arch/i386/kernel/dmi_scan.c:922)

{ force_acpi_ht, "Compaq Workstation W8000", {
MATCH(DMI_SYS_VENDOR, "Compaq"),
MATCH(DMI_PRODUCT_NAME, "Workstation W8000"),
NO_MATCH, NO_MATCH }},

introduced in test4. But why? Are there problems with more advanced
features like sleep?

acpi=force on test5 returns me to the functionality I had in test3.

Tugrul Galatali