Re: [PM] Patrick: which part of "maintainer" and "peer review" needsexplaining to you?

From: Patrick Mochel
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 18:03:59 EST

> I do think this is a bit complicated. I believe passing level, along
> with type of the suspend (aka swsusp vs. S4bios) should be enough.

What about suspend-to-ram, APM, and runtime states?

That actually makes it quite a bit more complicated, globally. By forcing
the policy down to the drivers, you force each one to interpret the value
themselves and make the decision. By doing it centrally, the only thing
the low-level drivers have to worry about is going into the state.

Pat