RE: Linux 2.6.0-test5

From: Oliver Pitzeier
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 05:13:05 EST

Hi Linus!
Hi folks!

[ ... ]

> Lots of small stuff, as usual. I think the biggest "core"
> change is the Futex changes by Jamie and Hugh, and the dev_t
> preparations by Al Viro.

[ ... ]

Thanks a lot! Good job!

I just compiled/rebooted two of my machines with -test5. And since now everything seems fine/stable. I noticed that rebooting my Digital Alpha AS1000 now works without problems. Before -test5 I had to recycle the machine completly after rebooting, because the SCSI-controller was not resettet correctly (it's a Qlogic ISP1020).

The other machine is an old Intel Celeron with 300 MHz.

Both kernels were compiled without problems. They are pretty small, because I do not need much stuff on those machines... They are just for compiling 2.6.x :)

Details about the Alpha machine:
[root@track /root]# uname -a; rpm -q gcc; rpm -q glibc; rpm -q modutils; \
rpm -q initscripts; cat /proc/cpuinfo
Linux track.uptime.at 2.6.0-test5 #1 Tue Sep 9 12:55:02 CEST 2003 alpha unknown
gcc-3.1-6
glibc-2.2.4-31
modutils-2.4.21-18
initscripts-5.84.1-1
cpu : Alpha
cpu model : EV56
cpu variation : 7
cpu revision : 0
cpu serial number :
system type : Noritake
system variation : 0
system revision : 0
system serial number :
cycle frequency [Hz] : 333333333
timer frequency [Hz] : 1024.00
page size [bytes] : 8192
phys. address bits : 40
max. addr. space # : 127
BogoMIPS : 663.96
kernel unaligned acc : 0 (pc=0,va=0)
user unaligned acc : 0 (pc=0,va=0)
platform string : AlphaServer 1000A 5/333
cpus detected : 1

Details about the Intel machine:
[root@moonbase root]# uname -a; rpm -q gcc; rpm -q glibc; rpm -q modutils; \
rpm -q initscripts; cat /proc/cpuinfo
Linux moonbase 2.6.0-test5 #1 Tue Sep 9 10:53:18 CEST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
gcc-3.2-7
glibc-2.3.2-4.80.6
modutils-2.4.25-8
initscripts-7.28-1
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 6
model name : Celeron (Mendocino)
stepping : 0
cpu MHz : 300.771
cache size : 128 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr
bogomips : 591.87

Best regards,
Oliver