Timer Interrupts, please CC hamilton@sedsystems.ca

From: Kendrick Hamilton
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 14:11:20 EST

Hello,
Please send/cc responses to hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are using a custom modulator card with the Linux 2.2.16 kernel running on an IBM e-server (dual 2.8GHz, a lot of RAM). The modulator card uses interrupts to send data (the card has a large FIFO and interrupts when almost empty). The interrupt service routine re-fills the fifo. While it is re-filling the FIFO interrupts are disabled. We are noticing horrible clock skew.
Can you tell me the frequency of timer interrupts used by the linux 2.2.16 kernel on Intel x86 SMP platform. I want to know how long my interrupt service routine can leave the interrupt disabled.
TIA
Kendrick Hamilton
hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx