Re: [OT] Re: nasm over gas?

From: Maciej Soltysiak
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 10:31:04 EST

> I have a long standing dispute with one of my friend: once he has
> said 'asm is dead - every one is using C/C++ now'.
Stating that asm is dead is not realizing that it is really important in
some niches. Niches which must be in asm to provide the best for the
customers. This is and will be common in 'programming language wars'.

Dead technologies are not used. Asm is used, therefore Asm is not dead.
This is the definition, and the sentence to counter 'asm is dead'.

> What will be next? In my short carrier I saw as Asm was dying three
> times. But I beleive it will reborn over and over again ;-)))
Pascal will be next I think. Or any other language that does not resist
the trends. C/Java/Python - Those guys are surfing the wave of
modern programming, and rapid development. Others like cobol, fortran,
etc. are just unknown, and thus some people think they are dead.

Another thing:

Programming languages do not die,
They just fade away

Regards,