Panic when finishing raidreconf on 2.4.0-test4 with preempt

From: Chris Meadors
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 16:33:46 EST

I've done this twice now, I'd prefer not to do it again, but can upon
request, if you really need the oops output.

Running raidreconf to expand a 4 disk array to 5, seems to work
correctly until the very end. I'm guessing it is as the RAID super
block is being written. A preempt error is triggered and the kernel
panics. Upon reboot the MD driver doesn't think the 5th disk is valid
for consideration in the array and skips over it. Leaving a very
corrupted file system.