Re: 2.6-test4 latencey problems + howto compilation

From: Armin Obersteiner
Date: Sat Sep 06 2003 - 14:57:41 EST

hi!

> I don't know why the previous module-init-tools don't work
> for your system. I am using the 2.6.0-test4 kernel (with the
> Nick Piggin ideas about schedule patched) and i can manage
> modules perfectly. This is my depmod -V output:
>
> module-init-tools 0.9.10
>
> Maybe you can have another thing broken?.

I did not try every version from 0.9.10 to 0.9.13. I can remember
0.9.9 (recommended) did not work and 0.9.14-pre did not work/compile
(most current) so I tried 0.9.13 - and this one worked :)

Of course maybe there is an other cause 0.9.9 not working (I had to
upgrade the normal modutils too), but I would simply recommend 0.9.13
for 2.6-test5.

Regards,
Armin
--