cpu not being found by 2.6.0-test4, input event bug too

From: carbonated beverage
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 22:23:07 EST

Hi all,

Can anyone think of a change that went in recently to the 2.6.0-test*
tree that could have caused one of my CPUs to not be detected by the kernel?
It's a dual P2/333 system based on an Intel 440DX chipset, don't remember
the exact model of the motherboard off-hand. The latest BIOS update (rather
old) has been installed on the system already.

Debian/woody-based system.

The dmesg is also being FLOODED with the following:
barbeque/kittens:doc: dmesg|head -2 ; dmesg | tail -2
ue: 0
evbug.c: Event. Dev: isa0060/serio1/input0, Type: 2, Code: 0, Value: -3
evbug.c: Event. Dev: isa0060/serio0/input0, Type: 1, Code: 28, Value: 1
evbug.c: Event. Dev: isa0060/serio0/input0, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

As you can see from the truncation, the kernel buffer's being wrapped.
Once I get a login prompt and hop in, that's all there is. The dmesg
saved by the init scripts in /var/log/dmesg is also filled with just that.

tail -f'ing the syslog file when I was still enabling the logging of that
from evbug.c:evbug_event() pretty much scrolled by looking like a pretty
text flood.

As there's a TON of information, I put the config and other stuff
on the 'net at:

http://www.net-ronin.org/~ramune/kconf

-- DN
Daniel