Call of tty->driver.write provides segmentation fault

From: Laurent Hugé
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 04:08:03 EST

Hi,

I'm currently contriving a network driver using the serial port.
I've created my own line discipline (and tests prove it reads well), but I
can't write to the port : I tried to use tty->driver.write(tty, 0, msg,
strlen(msg)) (the same way that in printk.c, i.e. after testing that
tty->driver.write exists) but it crashs into a segmentation fault.
Since the driver implementation is not mine (I'm just using the serial
module), I can't check the function's address, but I believe the tty is ok (it
is the same I use for the line discipline).

Does anyone know in which way I can search a solution ?
Thanks,
--
Laurent Hugé.