Re: Quota Hash Abstraction 2.6.0-test2

From: bill davidsen
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 12:33:05 EST

In article <20030903161435.GC24897@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Herbert Poetzl <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 02:56:58PM +0000, bill davidsen wrote:
| > In article <20030731184341.GA21078@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
| > Herbert =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=F6tzl?= <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| >
| > Is any of this, particularly the work mentioned in the last paragraph
| > getting into the mail kernel?
|
| the quota fix was included in the next (test) release
| so default quota will work again ...

Thanks for the quick response, that was my prime concern. I expect to
need quota again in the near future.

| the Quota Hash Abstraction is neither a (big) performance
| gain nor a feature bonus for the end user ... it is more
| an enhancement to the code itself, allowing to have more
| than one quota hash for arbitrary purposes ...
|
| I doubt, that this code will ever make it into mainline
| without another 'good' reason to use it, but maybe the
| --bind mount quota stuff would be such a reason, if the
| interest for such things will eventually grow ...
|
| HTH,
| Herbert

Big help, I have never had a performance problem with the quota stuff
other than not performing at all ;-) Good to have the code handy though,
use often follows capability rather than drives it.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc