SMP image on a UP machine

From: Masoodur Rahman
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 12:18:20 EST

Hi ,

Can I run a SMP kernel on a UP machine (x86 based ) ??

I am working with 2.4.19 kernel compiled with CONFIG_SMP on a UniProcessor machine. The machine boots up with the SMP kernel configured in .

The Problem comes when I try to create a kernel thread using the example at http://www.scs.ch/~frey/linux/kernelthreads.html

The entire machine hangs on loading the thread_mod.o ..

What am I doing wrong ?? Is there any option that needs to be turned on to get this working ??

Thanks for any help
Regards