Re: What is the SiI 0680 chipset status?

From: Sebastian Piecha
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 07:43:57 EST

> Hi to all.
> I recently got MiNt PCI IDE ATA/133 RAID controller based on SiI 0680
> chipset. I browsed through the archives and I know that the driver is
> known to be broken and simply doesn't work.
>
> That was some time ago, meanwhile there were some fixes/hdparm
> almost-solutions, but none of them seems to work. I remember that
> Andre Hendrick said he's talking with SiI guys to find a final
> solution, but no more info after that...
>
> Therefore my question is: what is the current status of this driver?
> Are there any patches available? Or I will have to just buy another
> controller? (No problems with HPT or Promise?)

I recently posted a problem with a Promise
UltraTrak 133 TX2 controller (subject: PROBLEM: Powerquest Drive
Image let the kernel panic). With kernel 2.4.20 every time moving
several GB of data I get an OOPS. I already thought trying a
controller with a SI680-chipset... Maybe that's not a good idea.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen/Best regards,
Sebastian Piecha

EMail: spi@xxxxxxxxx