Re: Airo Net 340 PCMCIA WiFi Card trouble

From: Martin Willemoes Hansen
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 07:25:10 EST

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 05:09, tonildg wrote:
> >The error message:
> >cardmgr[19]: starting, version is 3.2.4
> >cs: memory probe 0x0c0000-0x0ffff: excluding >0xc0000-0xcbfff
>
> I had the same problem you have (but in other range of memory and with
> another wireless card) and it started too with 2.4.19.
>
> I solved it testing with memory ranges in the config.opts file that
> comes with your pcmcia_cs version.
>
> You have to play with them until one fits and boots. "I had to use
> windows to see the memory adresses my cardbus used."

Umh can I check it out on Linux as well? And how? I can boot correctly
with 2.4.19.

> Usually, when
> comenting the "include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff" solves it.

Yes when I comment that include out I can boot but the card is not
properly intitialized, here is the errors I get:

airo: register interrupt 0 failed, rc -16
airo_cs: RequestConfiguration: Operation succeeded

cardmgr[20]: get dev info on socket 0 failed: Resource temporarily
unavailable.

> However this problem is not caused by the Airo driver. And, (i think) it
> is not a kernel problem. Maybe a pcmcia_cs one.

Okay so the kernel changed something and is now using that memory area?

--
Martin Willemoes Hansen